Monday, March 3, 2008

The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site (2003)



Reconstruction Site is the third LP from Canadian indie rockers The Weakerthans, armed with extremely clever lyrics and pop balladry with dashes of punk rock, folk, and even country.

Themes explored here are sonnets about a terminally ill patient, a cat's perspective about it's lazy and depressed owner (which could also be what my feline buddy insight about me if I ever had one), a love/hate relationship about John K. Samson's hometown, and conversations aboutAntartica.

John K. Samson's lyrics will forever make me green with envy. I could go on forever how this had a impact in my life but I'm frankly afraid that, I would dearly bore you with my sentiments. Thus, I would end that this is just a flawless album that you'll want to press repeat for the rest of your life.

RIYL: Smoking Popes, Jets To Brazil, good music

Download Reconstruction Site:



Support
The Weakerthans on Myspace